We are tremendously excited to announce that we will officially be re-opening the workspace the week of Monday, May 11th. As you know, we have not taken the decision to close the office lightly, and as such we are proceeding with re-opening with the same cautious optimism.
We’ve been actively participating in the Governor’s Regional COVID Recovery Team, and helping to shape the guidelines that will guide us into Phase One of Re-opening Oregon.
COVID-19 Re-Opening Policies
Our 5,500 square foot office space is large enough to comply with social distancing and capacity requirements, however we have implemented several new policies for Phase One of the re-opening.
Phase One Policies (effective 5/11/20)
All members and visitors are required to sign in and out of the workspace each day. This is an important step for us to understand who is in the workspace, should there be a need for contact tracing.
Desks and chairs have been moved to allow for 6 feet of physical distance. If you are sitting at the large community tables, please sit diagonal from your fellow members across the table.
Meetings have been limited to ten or less people, and we encourage using the conference phone for additional participants.
Special events with over 25 people have been cancelled or postponed until we enter Phase Two.
Use of the CNWX cafe is allowed with some modifications, including:
- Wash your hands before and after using the cafe space, including pouring coffee, using the microwaves and opening the fridge. This will help prevent the spread of germs and keep our shared workspace safe and clean.
- Please use a new cup or glass for every beverage. We know this means more dishes to wash, but it also helps to avoid transmission of germs during re-fills. If you choose to use your own coffee mug or water bottle, please give it a quick wipe down in between uses.
- The beer and kombucha taps will be closed during the day, however we invite all members for our daily happy hours from 3:30-5pm where CNWX staff will pour for you.
- Please leave your glasses and dishes in the sink and CNWX staff will safely load the dishwasher.
Face coverings are not currently required in the CNWX workspace. Guidance from the Governor’s Reopening Oregon plan strongly recommends face coverings when in public spaces, however we understand the challenges this presents to our members’ work. Face coverings are required for guests and visitors to CNWX until they are settled in a meeting room or outside space. CNWX has a small supply of masks on hand.
All shared workspaces and commonly used surfaces will be cleaned daily, with additional attention for the cafe space, door handles and other shared surfaces. A supply of cleaning supplies is available in the cafe space for members to use in their personal workspaces (desk/offices) or as needed.
General Guidelines for CNWX Members and Visitors
- Stay home if you are feeling sick or have symptoms
- If you become symptomatic (cough, fever, shortness of breath), please self-isolate immediately, contact your health care provider for testing and alert CNWX for contract tracing protocols.
- Practice good hygiene, including frequent hand washing, covering coughs/sneezes with your elbow or a tissue, and avoiding touch your face.
- Be mindful of social distancing with your fellow CNWX members and visitors.
Thank you for everything you are doing to keep our community safe and healthy.
We can’t wait to see you again soon!
Sara & Kent