The Collective NWX is open and following Oregon Phase 2 guidelines (effective 6/30/20)
As we continue to operate in a COVID environment, The Collective NWX is closely following the Governor’s guidelines. Our 5,500 square feet is large enough to comply with distancing and capacity requirements, however The Collective NWX has implemented new COVID-19 policies.
NEW! Face Covering Policy
Face coverings ARE currently required in the CNWX workspace for all members and visitors. Guidance from the Governor on June 29, 2020 requires face coverings when in indoor public spaces. Medical exemptions and accommodations are allowed. We understand this can present issues for members who are regularly on voice or video calls, so:
- Please wear your face covering when entering and exiting the building, elevator and stairwell.
- Please wear your face covering when walking around the community space.
- Feel free to remove your face covering when you are in your private workspace to perform essential work, such as voice and video calls; eating/drinking in the cafe space; using the private phone booths; or outside on the deck.
- We have adequate space in the CNWX office to achieve social distancing, but if you are in a situation where you can’t achieve six feet, we ask you put on a mask.
All members and visitors are required to sign in and out of the workspace each day.
This is an important step for us to understand who is in the workspace, should there be a need for contact tracing. Signing in/out is super easy:
Desks and chairs have been moved to allow for 6 feet of physical distance. If you are sitting at the large community tables, please sit diagonal from your fellow members across the table. Meetings have been limited to ten or less people, and we encourage using the conference phone for additional participants. Special events with over 50 people have been cancelled or postponed until we enter future phases of re-opening.
Use of the CNWX cafe is allowed with some modifications:
- Wash your hands before and after using the cafe space. This includes pouring coffee, using the microwaves and opening the fridge. This will help prevent the spread of germs and keep our shared workspace safe and clean.
- Please use a new cup or glass for every beverage. We know this means more dishes to wash, but it also helps to avoid transmission of germs during re-fills. If you choose to use your own coffee mug or water bottle, please give it a quick wipe down in between uses.
- The kombucha and beers tap will be closed during the day. However we invite all members for our daily happy hours from 3:30-5pm where CNWX staff will pour for you.
- Please leave your glasses and dishes in the sink. A CNWX staff member will safely load the dishwasher limiting the amount of touch points to the dishwasher and sink.
General Guidelines for CNWX Members and Visitors
- Stay home if you are feeling sick or have symptoms
- If you become symptomatic (cough, fever, shortness of breath), please self-isolate immediately, contact your health care provider for testing and alert CNWX for contract tracing protocols.
- Practice good hygiene, including frequent hand washing, covering coughs/sneezes with your elbow or a tissue, and avoiding touch your face.
- Be mindful of social distancing with your fellow CNWX members and visitors.
Thank you for everything you are doing to keep our community safe and healthy!
~Sara & Kent